We at Shade Tree Meteorology are taking some time this week to enjoy some family time and spend the holidays with our loved ones, and we hope you are able to do the same. As we look back on 2019, we have seen some big changes happen, both professionally and personally. We have thoroughly enjoyed writing this blog for you each week and we hope you enjoy this look back at our favorite blog posts of 2019!
Our favorite posts of 2019
- Kelly’s recap of the Ellicott City, MD flood and how citizens are making a difference in their community
- Some amazing snow squalls which moved through upstate New York in January and caused whiteout conditions
- A recap of the Great Blizzard of 1888
- The National Phenology Network and how climate change is being tracked by following birds, bees, and plants
- Our recap of the historic Midwest flooding in Spring 2019
- NOAA: how its agencies help fulfill its mission
- National Parks and Severe Weather
- Citizen Science- how individuals contribute to the science of weather
We wish all of our readers a very happy holiday season and a blessed 2020!!!